Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Place to Call Home: Move to Illinois Phase Three

My parents were so kind to offer to keep Luke for a week, so that I could fly to Illinois and begin the house hunt with Jason.  I have never been away from Luke for more than a few hours, but was not worried at all about leaving him with his Gigi, Coach, & Uncle Colby! 

Mom & I scoured the computer several days before I left and made a list of properties for Jason and I look at in Illinois. Here we are during one of our many computer dates:

DSC_0433

Jason and Jake drove & pulled our cars from Washington to Illinois. It was a long trip, and we learned that Jake has separation anxiety in hotel rooms. Jason tried to have dinner out one night and received a phone call from the hotel with complaints of a dog barking…oops! Jake is a great traveler though and loves riding with Jason in his truck!

DSC00548

This was not taken on the trip, but it is one of my favorite pictures of Jake!

Jason and Jake picked me up at the Chicago O'Hare airport and took me to our new temporary home…the Double Tree Hotel in Arlington Heights. Our room was very nice and served us well while we were house hunting. Here are two pictures of Jake napping in our room…he obviously had no problem making himself right at home :)

DSC_0454 DSC_0449

Jason and I looked at many different places before finding our current home. We were in for quite a few surprises as far as the condition of the homes we viewed. However, with a little bit of vision, a fresh coat of paint, and a lot…and I mean a lot…of scrubbing and cleaning we have the perfect house in a quiet, family friendly neighborhood. A huge thanks to my mom, for not only bringing Luke to Illinois…but for also spending 10 days working as hard and possibly even harder than us to make our house a home. Pictures of our new home to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment